|2 1/4 cups||broccoli, cut into florets, stalks peeled and diced|
|2||green onions/scallions, thinly sliced|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|240 g||rib eye steak, or strip loin, cut into 2 cm strips|
|1 3/4 tsp||sesame seeds|
|2 tsp||canola oil|
|2/3 cup||chicken broth|
|2 tbsp||soy sauce|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1 tsp||sesame seed oil|
- Prepare the vegetables : Cut the broccoli florets into small pieces, peel the stalks then dice them into ½ cm pieces. Thinly slice the scallions and mince the garlic. Cut the beef perpendicular to the grain into 2 cm strips. Set aside.
- Put the sesame seeds in a small pan and heat them over medium heat a few minutes, with some stirring, until they are lightly coloured. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the beef then sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, about 4-5 min. Season with salt and pepper, then take the beef out of the skillet and transfer it to a plate.
- Add the scallions and garlic to the skillet. Cook over medium heat about 1 min, with stirring, until they are lightly golden-coloured, then add the broccoli and water. Cook, with occasional stirring, until the mixture is dry, about 3 min. Meanwhile, combine the broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl, then pour this mixture over the broccoli. Cook, with constant stirring, until the mixture is no longer cloudy, 1-2 min.
- Put the beef and any accumulated meat juices back into the skillet. Cook, with stirring, until the beef is heated through, 1-2 min. Remove the skillet from the heat, then stir in the sesame oil and seeds. Serve.