1 pound linguine pasta
2-4 tablespoons olive oil + more for dressing the cooked pasta
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 pound Crimini mushrooms, sliced and completely dry before cooking
4-6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 pound fresh or frozen spinach
4 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
1. Make the linguine according to package instructions. Drain and set aside in a bowl and toss with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking.
2. In a large saute pan, heat the oil then add the onions and brown slightly. Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper, keeping a careful eye not to burn the garlic.
3. Add the spinach and parsley and cook until the water from the spinach and the mushrooms has fully evaporated.
4. Bring the cooked noodles to the pan and use tongs to fully incorporate them into the rest of the ingredients.
5. Remove the noodles to each plate or family size dish and top with freshly grated Parmesan just before serving.